Monday, February 12, 2018

My Monday Mistake - the Pinwheel Problem..

Good Monday afternoon!

Confessions of a quilter....

I am sharing a common mistake that is made when making a pinwheel block - of which I have made many but somehow continue to do! Yikes!  (in the pic below I had corrected my error)



I am working on a baby quilt and made a bunch of the blocks and was ready to piece together the rows when I noticed that a few of the blocks had "issues" when butted up against each other.
See pic below...



That just should not be!  

The pic below shows the 2 different configurations that are typically done when piecing a pinwheel block.  So the important thing to do is to make sure you're doing them all the same as you piece them...(which I thought I was doing, by the way - but there were 3 blocks I pieced wrong and had to rip out & resew.  
It's not the end of the world, but who wants to have to rip & resew?  Not me!  I want to get the thing pieced and finished so I can move on to another project!
There always one waiting in the wings...  :)


So have a happy Monday and consider yourself warned...

Quote for the Day:  "Monday, Funday - Live, Laugh, Love!!

May your day and week be filled with blessings!
~Mary Lou

1 comment:

Cinnamon Bundt Cake Recipe

     T'was the day before Thanksgiving and all through the house, there are aromas of food that would hurry a mouse! The turkey wa...