Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Cinnamon Bundt Cake Recipe


   
 T'was the day before Thanksgiving and all through the house,
there are aromas of food that would hurry a mouse!
The turkey was thawing in the fridge with cold air
In hopes that the family would soon be all there.

The children weren't snuggled all warm in their beds -
They left home years ago to follow their heads (?)
And mama in her apron, and I in my Blues cap
Are looking real forward to a long afternoon nap!

(my weak attempt at a poem based on T'was the Night Before Christmas...sad, I know..)

...and if you're like me, you're busier than a honey bee in a clover field!  But it's a fun kind of busy.  This will just be a quick post, but I wanted to share this delicious, moist cake recipe with you that's been in our family for decades.  My Aunt Ruby made this and I was crazy over it, so I asked for the recipe and have been making it for my husband's birthday ever since!

One thing I love about it is that it's fast, easy and you really can't mess it up!  Plus, it feeds a crowd! So what's not to like?

A short story...when our first child was a baby, I was making this & he needed tending to - I forgot about the cake for a full 30 minutes after it should have been removed from the oven!  But guess what?  It was still moist and delicious - you would never have known I over-baked it!



Ok, here you go...

Cinnamon Bundt Cake (with orange glaze)

1 pkg yellow cake mix                                            1/2 cup sugar
2 small pkgs INSTANT vanilla pudding                 2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup oil                                                                1/2 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup water
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together in mixing bowl and beat for a good 5 minutes on med-high speed. While that's beating, mix in a small bowl the sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
Pour 1/3 of batter in greased & floured bundt pan, then 1/2 of the nut/sugar mixture, the repeat, ending with batter.
Bake at 350 for approx 55 minutes - I always check at about 45, but it usually takes a full 50 minutes or so.

Let cool.  Glaze with 1 cup powdered sugar mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice or enough to make a good drizzle consistency.

Quote of the day: "
Thanksgiving, after all, is an action."
and..."It isn't so much what's on the table that matters as who's on the chairs." ;)

 Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you!

1 comment:

  1. Great poem...can just picture you in your apron and he in his Blues cap! Ha!
    Very happy Thanksgiving to you!! L

    ReplyDelete

Cinnamon Bundt Cake Recipe

     T'was the day before Thanksgiving and all through the house, there are aromas of food that would hurry a mouse! The turkey wa...